Bianca Phipps (a short review)

For this week, I found two amazing poems by an amazing poet that I love. The first is called, “The Heartbreaker Poem” by Bianca Phipps. Miss Phipps is one of my favorite modern poets, and she writes beautifully yet tragically. The second poem I fell in love with last September, entitled “Almosts“. The first poem, The Heartbreaker PoemΒ is about tragedy and loss of freedom and equality. It is about a mother and father and what they have taught their child by their actions. It is about the father, strict and uptight, almost controlling the mother, and what the child understands. The second poem, Almosts, is about a woman in love with a man with a brain tumor and how as their love blossomed, his time alive demolished and shrank day by day. It is about how Bianca never got to say “I love you” and he never told her he had a malignant tumor until it was too late and fate spoke before words. Bianca Phipps is outrageously incredible, and you should check her out by visiting Button Poetry or looking the poems up online.